I am ready to make city government accountable and work for everyone.
Julee's 5 Point Plan for Lansing
1. Conduct immediate audits of all departments to cut our unnecessary and duplicated services.
2. Increase Lansing’s standard income tax exemption from $600-$2000 over 4 years.
3. Improve Lansing’s budget transparency by explaining city expenses so public documents aren’t made to hide and confuse taxpayers.
4. Reform Lansing’s pension and healthcare system so we can pay down the $700 million in liabilities and allow our city to improve its infrastructure and strengthen public safety.
5. Expand free public parking metering so you aren’t “punished” just for wanting to take your family out to dinner or to support our local businesses.
►I love my city. I have lived here my entire life no matter where my career has taken me. I believe it is important to give back to your community.
►I have served my city for many years as a community leader, and volunteer. Now I want to bring my expertise as a successful business woman to Lansing City Council.
►I will focus on bringing cost-effectiveness, accountability, and oversight to city policy-making. I will promote our values of diversity, environmental sustainability, and equity.
Progress for All
►Despite some positive developments in recent decades, many Lansing residents have still not experienced a significant personal benefit from that progress.
►The benefits of infrastructure investments and incentives have not been felt city-wide.
►I believe we can move forward with responsible development that creates jobs for every day workers and preserves our environment for future generations.
►Residents concerns and priorities have not always been valued.
►Some neighborhoods struggle to receive basic city services to protect their health and safety.